Omelet for two
Author: Sally Sampson
- 4 large eggs
- ¼- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper, or more, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or butter
- use ¼ - ½ cup of any of the following:
- caramelized onions
- chopped ham
- any kind of cheese
- fruit preserves
- sauteed mushrooms
- smoked salmon and cream cheese
- roasted vegetables
- roasted potatoes
- Combine the eggs, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat a medium sized omelet pan or skillet over a medium low flame and add oil or butter, being sure to completely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add egg mixture. When the eggs begin to set, agitate the pan back and forth so they they completely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Swirl the eggs until they begin to thicken.
- Add filling on one side of the omelet and cover with the other, thereby making a half moon shape. Serve immediately.