A little hotter and less sweet than the previous recipe, Roasted Southern Sweet and Piquant Pecans. Great with a big hunk of blue cheese and a beer, limeade or lemonade.
Be very careful not to overcook because the Tabasco and Worcestershire burn easily.
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 1 large egg white (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the egg whites in a large stainless steel bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Whisk in the Tabasco, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Add the pecans and toss until completely coated.
- Transfer to the prepared sheet and arrange in a single layer.
- Place in the oven and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until lightly colored and dried out, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Immediately loosen the nuts with a spatula and set aside to cool.