Red BBQ Sauce
Author: Sally Sampson
Serves: 2½ cups
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 Spanish onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed
- 1½ cups tomato catsup
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a medium sized saucepan over a medium flame and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and cook until they are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Use this sauce to baste chicken or ribs while grilling and then as a mopping sauce while eating.