Bell Peppers Stuffed with Couscous
Author: Sally Sampson
- 1½ cups water, chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 4 - 6 red, orange, green or yellow bell peppers, or a combination
- ½ cup currants, raisins or sundried cherries
- 3 scallions, root and 1 inch of green part trimmed and discarded, remainder chopped
- 3 - 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 - 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the water or stock in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add couscous, cover and remove pan from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cut tops off of peppers and coarsely chop. Scoop out insides and discard. Place peppers in a baking pan so that they are snug.
- Remove couscous from pan and place in mixing bowl. Add chopped peppers and remaining ingredients and mix well. Divide the couscous evenly between the peppers and place in the oven. Cook for about 45 minutes or until the peppers are soft.