Broccoli and Red Pepper Salad
Author: Sally Sampson
- 1 head broccoli, florets and stems separated, stems peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add broccoli stems.
- When it returns to a boil, turn the heat off and add the florets.
- Let sit for 1 - 2 minutes or until the broccoli turns bright green.
- Transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water until the broccoli is cold.
- Place broccoli and red pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the broccoli.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.