Author: Sally Sampson
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red or Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or honey
- 2 - 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- Heat a large non stick skillet over very low heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the remaining ingredients and cook for about 15 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add brown sugar and chicken stock, one tablespoon at a time, as needed for moisture. Stir occasionally.
- Cook until the stock is completely absorbed, about 25 minutes.