These nuts have great strong flavors that benefit from sitting out to dry for at least 4 hours and up to overnight. But don’t wait too long: these spices will fall off after a day or two.
Also good on pinenuts, pistachios, almond , macadamias and filberts.
- 2 cup just toasted whole almonds
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 – 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, toss to combine.
- Transfer to the prepared sheet and arrange in a single layer.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Set aside to dry out for at least 4 hours.