Crunchy, delicate and spicy but not hot, eat these alone or add to rice pilaf, salad or vanilla ice cream.
Although it comes from the same plant, coriander (the seed) and cilantro (the leaf) are neither interchangeable nor even remotely similar in taste. The seeds, used here and primarily in pickling, have a slightly lemony sage flavor.
- 2 cups just toasted shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients in a large skillet and toss until the nuts are well coated.
- Cook the mixture over low heat until the sugar melts and the nuts are well coated, about 4- 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.