- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2½ - 3 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup water, chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, basil or cilantro
- Heat a skillet over a medium flame and add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add onion, bell pepper and curry and cook until the vegetables are soft. Add corn and water or broth and cook until corn is heated through and liquid has almost evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add herb of choice and serve.
To make this into soup: Add 4 cups chicken stock when you add the corn, bring to a boil, lower and cook for about 20 minutes more. Puree if desired.
To remove corn from the cob, stand it on its stem and cut from top to bottom. For this recipe, remove the corn before cooking.