Peanuts, also known as monkeynuts or groundnuts, are not actually nuts but are really legumes (plants that have seed pods that split along both sides) that grow underground. It’s best not to include them in mixes unless you are certain that none of your guests are allergic.
Stir these into rice, noodles or a chicken or beef stir fry.
- 2 cups lightly toasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon peanut or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Place the peanuts, oil, garlic powder and curry powder in a bowl and toss until the nuts are well coated.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and set aside to cool for 1 hour.