Five Bean Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
Author: Sally Sampson
- ¾ cup each red kidney, black, white beans, garbanzo or fava beans (3 cups beans in total, any combination is fine)
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- ½ bunch scallions, root end and 1 inch of green part trimmed and discarded, remainder chopped
- ½ small bunch parsley, coarsely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the beans, scallions and parsley in a medium size mixing bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place the garlic in a food processor or blender and pulse until the garlic is chopped. Add vinegar, mustard and basil and mix until well combined. With the machine running, slowly add oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over beans and refrigerate for a least two hours to let the flavors meld. Serve cold or at room temperature.