Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Author: Sally Sampson
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, peeled, if desired and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup light cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- **Optional ingredients**
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes and garlic in a medium sized pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Drain and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Mash garlic and potatoes with a fork or potato masher, gradually incorporating remaining ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.