Serve with potato salad vinaigrette, peppers stuffed with couscous or watercress salad.
Author: Sally Sampson
- 1½- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, raw or toasted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- 8 dried apricots, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- zest of ½ lemon, finely grated or julienned
- ½ - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Combine all the ingredients, by hand, and divide into 4 patties of equal size.
- Cook for about 7 - 10 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
Notes: The burgers can be completed and then frozen. To cook at a later date simply defrost and cook as directed.