Most Simple: Baked Apples
Author: Sally Sampson
- 4 Granny Smith apples, cored and top third cut off and discarded
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, brown sugar or honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 2 strips lemon zest, grated or chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine maple syrup, cinnamon, raisins, walnuts and lemon peel in a small bowl.
- Divide mixture into four parts and stuff inside apples.
- Place apples in a small baking dish, so that they touch each other and place wine around them.
- Bake for about one hour, or until the apples are soft.
Note: You can substitute pears for the apples.
To make a lemon strip: Take a vegetable peeler and peel. Each peel = strip