Most Simple: Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil
Author: Sally Sampson
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add spaghetti.
- Heat a large skillet over a medium low flame and add oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook until the garlic is golden, about 3 minutes.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and add to the skillet with the garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve immediately.
- Just prior to serving, add lemon zest, toasted pine nuts, chopped fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
Other choices: When you cook the garlic, add any of the following:
Crushed red peppers, fresh hot peppers or bacon