Pasta Salad with Sundried Tomatoes
Author: Sally Sampson
- ⅔ pound dried pasta bowties, spirals or tubetti
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ - ½ cup chopped fresh basil or parsley
- ½ cup toasted pinenuts (optional)
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tomato, cubed
- ⅓ cup fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook until tender. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water. Place in a medium size serving bowl and add tomatoes, basil or parsley and pinenuts, if desired. Set aside.
- Place the sundried tomatoes and the water in a small bowl and let sit 5 minutes or until the tomatoes start to soften. Add the tomatoes and water, along with the remaining ingredients to a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Puree until smooth.
- Combine dressing with pasta and add parmesan, if desired. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Notes: this sauce is great on grilled or poached chicken and fish.