Pasta with Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce
Author: Sally Sampson
- 1 pound dried pasta (any shape is fine)
- 6 red, orange or yellow bell peppers
- 2 - 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Preheat broiler or oven to 400 degrees.
- Place peppers directly under broiler or in oven on a broiler pan or baking sheet, as close together as possible. Blacken peppers on all sides. Remove peppers and place in a heavy plastic or paper bag and let sweat for about 10 minutes. Remove burned skin. Seed and stem peppers.
- Place roasted peppers, garlic and olive oil in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Puree.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until done. Drain pasta, reserving ½- 1 cup of pasta water. Add pasta water to peppers and puree. Place equal amounts of pasta in 4 bowls and top with Roasted pepper sauce. Place parsley or basil on top of each plate.
Note: this sauce is great on grilled or poached chicken or fish and on hamburgers