Penne with Cabbage and Sausage
- 6 spicy Italian sausages (about 1 1/4 pounds), taken out of casing and crumbled
- 1 small Spanish onion, chopped
- 1/3 green cabbage, about 5- 6 cups chopped
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 pound penne
- Heat a large skillet over a medium flame and add crumbled sausage. Cook about 5 minutes or until some fat is rendered. Add onion and cook until the onion is golden and the sausage has browned, about 15 minutes. Remove excess fat from pan.
- Add the cabbage and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the cabbage has wilted or about 10 – 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add marinara sauce and cook until just heated through.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and add to sauce.