Serve on pasta, grilled or poached chicken, pizza, hamburgers, sandwiches, salmon or tuna.
Author: Sally Sampson
Serves: ¾ - 1 cup
- 2 garlic cloves, or more to taste
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, leaves only, about 2- 2½ cups packed
- ¼ cup pecans, walnuts or pinenuts, or more to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Place garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and chop as finely as you can without juicing it.
- Add basil and pecans and process until fully incorporated.
- Add parmesan and process until incorporated.
- Very, very gradually add olive oil, at first one tablespoon at a time, gradually increasing the amount.
- Add the water, one tablespoon at a time.