Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or bread
Salmon on a Bed of Leeks and Carrots
Author: Sally Sampson
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large leeks
- 3 carrots, julienned
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons vermouth or white wine
- 4 6 ounce salmon filets
- Trim the root off the leeks and remove all but 2 inches of the green part. Julienned the remaining leeks and wash in several changes of hot water, being sure to get rid of any sand. Drain well in a colander.
- Heat a large non - stick skillet over a medium flame and add oil. When the oil is hot, add leeks and carrots and cook for about 15 minutes or until the carrots are al dente. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt, white pepper, vermouth and salmon filets, cover and cook for about 10 - 12 minutes. Serve immediately.