Good with meat and seafood
Spicy Black Bean Salad
Author: Sally Sampson
- 2 16 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed or 4 cups prepared black beans
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 - 2 fresh limes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 scallions, root end and 1 inch of green part trimmed and discarded, remainder chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 fresh or roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- Place beans in a medium size ceramic or glass bowl and add lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt and cayenne and mix until well combined.
- Top with scallions, cilantro and peppers but do not combine.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours to let the flavors meld.
- Toss just prior to serving.