Serve with tomato and basil salad and potato salad vinaigrette, garlic rosemary roasted potatoes or grilled corn on the cob.
- 2 teaspoons dried Greek oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ - 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ pound bleu cheese, crumbled or cut into six equal pieces
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix the herbs and spices together.
- Divide the ground beef into four pieces of equal size. Divide each patty in half and flatten. Place one piece of bleu cheese on each half and top with the other half. Seal the edges by pinching and re-form into patties; evenly dredge in the herb mixture.
- Place patty on a broiler pan or baking sheet about 2½- 3 inches from the broiler and broil for about 3 - 5 minutes per side or longer for well done.
The burgers can be completed and then frozen. To cook at a later date simply defrost and cook as directed.
Substitute the bleu cheese with either smoked cheddar, Montrachet or another goat cheese.
Substitute any kind of ground meat: veal, pork, turkey or chicken