Spinach with Garlic and Pine Nuts
Author: Sally Sampson
- 1½ - 2 pounds fresh spinach, ends trimmed and discarded
- 2 - 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- Wash the spinach well and shake out the water. Heat a large saucepan over a high flame and add the spinach. Cook for about 5 - 7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove the spinach to a colander and set aside.
- Heat the saucepan over a medium flame and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the pine nuts and garlic and cook until golden, about 3 - 5 minutes. Return the spinach to the saucepan, toss to combine and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Substitute broccoli rabe for the spinach.