Very similar in flavor to Texas chili, these crowd pleasers are great to bring to a neighbor’s house for an event like a Superbowl or holiday party. They can accompany almost any beverage, especially beer and soda.
Texas Chili Inspired Spicy Pecans
Author: Sally Sampson
Serves: 2 cups
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the pecans in a large bowl, add the butter and toss until well coated.
- Place the sugar, spices and salt in a small bowl, mix well and sprinkle over the pecans, tossing to coat.
- Transfer the nuts to the prepared sheet and arrange in a single layer.
- Place in the oven and bake, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 20- 25 minutes. Immediately loosen the nuts with a spatula and set aside to cool.