Serve with mashed or garlic rosemary roasted potatoes and a green salad.
Three Marinated Steaks
Author: Sally Sampson
- ***Fresh Lime Juice, Soy Sauce and Garlic Marinade***
- zest of one lime, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 - 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger root
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ***Soy Sauce, Sherry and Dijon Mustard Marinade***
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ***Bourbon, Balsamic Vinegar and Fresh Ginger Root Marinade***
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger root
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Score the steak with a very sharp knife on both sides.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large shallow glass or ceramic bowl and add steak; cover and let sit at room temperature for no more than 2 hours or refrigerate for four hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Remove and reserve as much marinade as possible and place it in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil and set aside.
- Grill or broil steak for about 5 minutes per side, basting with reserved marinade.
- Thinly slice on a diagonal.
Notes: great cold on a bed of greens or in a sandwich, can be added to beef chili