Probably the quickest and easiest recipe in the book, I love the simplicity and great taste that comes from matching the nutty, aromatic cumin with the pecans. The result: a heady, tasty treat just perfect for a late afternoon pick up.
Keep a handful in your desk or munch on them while cooking dinner and drinking beer. Use them to garnish a salad or a soup, either especially with black beans and cilantro.
When you are toasting the nuts, simply add the cumin seeds about 5 minutes prior to taking them out of the oven.
- 2 cups just toasted pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch to ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place everything in a bowl and toss to combine.