I came across this great dip when I wrote the The Figs Table with Todd English in 1998 (Simon and Schuster). Todd rarely used it as a dip but instead dolloped it on pizza, salads, pasta, burgers and swirled it into polenta. Its not only versatile, it’s a snap to make and lasts up to a week.
- 1 cup goat cheese or ricotta cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Kosher salt to taste (depends on saltiness of goat cheese)
- pinch black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well combined. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to one week.