Tuscan Bread Salad
Author: Sally Sampson
- 2 cups day old french or sourdough bread, cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, if desired; halved and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1 bell pepper, any color, cubed
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed
- 1 - 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine bread, vegetables and herbs in a large mixing bowl.
- Place garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Drizzle over vegetables.